Monday, October 1, 2012

That's Not How You Make Friends

Good morning boils and ghouls!

Today starts the beginning of the "31 Days of Horror Art" project! Today we begin with an ink and watercolor illustration called "Making Friends."


I really love working with the Pentel Pocket Brush-Pen and the ink is very waterproof (unlike the regular Pentel Brush-Pen) so it allows me to work with watercolor and not smear the ink everywhere. For this image I wanted to show a more sinister side to Lolitas and play on the comments I've seen over the years from girls who are the 'only Lolita in the village' who long to have a friend who likes the fashion. I thought it would be funny if one of these girls 'made' a friend who was a fellow Lolita.

For anyone who doesn't know what Lolita Fashion is here is the handbook where you can read all about it. Here is also the original article that got me hooked on the fashion almost 10 years ago.

El Goro of Talk Without Rhythm Pocast has started his "31 Days of Horror" reviews with the movie "The Ghoul." Check it out!

I'm off to a grueling day of truck shift now, see you tomorrow!

No comments: