Friday, October 19, 2012

Clockwork Update

Hello everyone! I'm getting some things sorted out today (errands and chores that need to be done) and spending some time with loved ones so to make up for yesterday's lack of a proper update, as well as today and tomorrow I'm going to post a special treat for you! A six page comic! This was the comic I did for an anthology that later got cut from the book. It's a snippet from a story I was working on in early college, a steampunk-horror-scifi involving a scientist who uses his wife as a prototype for a military robot project as well as kidnapping other people. The rest of the story is a rescue mission involving other characters, but this mini comic just concentrates on the scientist.







The comic pages were on 5x8" watercolor paper and were drawn with pencil, inked with pocket Pentel brush pen, and toned with India ink. The color washes, as well as text and speech bubbles, were added in Photoshop. I definitely want to experiment with water-coloring comics in the future and have been looking to comics like Blacksad for inspiration. I hope to have my pages that well painted in the future.

Let me know what you think! Enjoy, and see you in a few days horror fans!

No comments: