The wire armature covered in tin foil. This actually started as another character but I then decided to make it Alencia instead, so as I went on the pose was adjusted. You can also see my sketchbook (one of many) with notes and diagrams of how I originally wanted it to look. Now I'm more loosely basing it on my notes.
With sculpey on her. I put on a basic layer of clay to cover the whole form up (save for the hands, I plan on doing those near the end) and then added more volume where she needed it based on her body and her clothes. I then added details of the shapes of her clothes, trying to make it look somewhat separate from her body but as a part of the overall statue.
Detail close up. Here you can also see the bit of balsa wood I have lodged in her hand. That will be making room for the sword she will be holding. I'm very excited to make a miniature of her blessed sword. I hope once my prop making gets on to bigger projects that I'll be able to create a full sized replica of it. *Dreamy sigh* Her other hand will be holding a lantern. I'm not look forward to making that as much as the sword. When she's fully done and painted I plan on having her sit on my convention tables. I'd also love to make more of my characters and have already been drawing up possible design ideas for future figures.
I've also been having some computer trouble lately so while my iMac (and all its programs) are at the apple doctor I'm on my laptop, with almost no programs on it so even photo editing is a no-go right now. Also still trying to get the laptop to talk to the scanner, so until those two kiss and make-up there's not going to be much for me to share :/ But hopefully the iMac will be sorted out soon and then I'll have loads of art to share!