Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Working through the Summer

Just thought I'd give everyone a heads up as to why it's so quiet around here lately.

I'm on a little vacation, as in I'm hanging out with my fiance' for a week. I'll be back in Richmond next week but for now I'm working on a book for my summer class and working on Kale. I've rewritten chapter 2 but I've been struggling to layout the first few pages. I think I'm over that for now but I left my comic paper at my parent's house so I'll be doing the actual pages later. For the mean time I'm story boarding and sketching out and planning certain scenes for the chapter, which is working out quite well.

For my summer class book I'm rewriting it and will be making the dummy book soon. It's still about Precocious Puberty and PCOS but its a book instead of a comic but will still have some antidotes and illustrations. I want to treat it as a kind of friendly field guide to both conditions and aim it at the girls that will be diagnosed with them. I'm feeling better about it and since I have medical information in it my doctor has agreed to look over it for me to make sure everything is correct. She was really enthusiastic about it so I'm feeling more pumped up about it. I also got a lot of writing done for it yesterday which has added to my enthusiasm.

When I get back to Richmond I'll be going through the 'Or Maybe Not' archives and counting up how many pages the first book will have. I have plenty of pages done I just want to do some newer ones for it too. Ryan has written so many good scripts this year it would be a shame not to draw any of the pages for the first book.

When I get back I'll also have my scanner and I'll have some more things to share here. I've got things spread between my house, parent's house and fiancé's house but soon everything will be in one place and working will be a little easier. I'm still having a pretty hard time finding a summer job but hopefully I'll hear back from someone. In the mean time, I'm currently open for commissions! All my info is found here, just drop me a note on Deviantart or an email and I'll fix you up with some personalized artwork!



And now a to do list that is mainly for my own reference ^^;
To do:
+Summer Class Book
finish writing new draft
email to teacher/doctor
make dummy book
start illustrations
research publishers

+Kale:
comic pages
finish coloring Kale poster
finish coloring Alencia pic
thumbnails for new cover?

+OMN:
comic pages
fix text on hand lettered pages
character pages
work on new cover

1 comment:

Sir_O said...

This sounds really great!~
Talking about really great....I got your sketch cards in the mail! THEY'RE IMPOSSIBLY LOVELY!!!

Yours are coming soon, I promise~! <3