Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Too many posts in one day

Too many posts today, I'm sorry but I wanted to write about my experience at the first Shoujo Phonebook club meeting tonight.

It was scary (at least to me)

Lilly drove us in her blue car (affectionatly known as "Chii"). Lilly herself was clad in BtSSB and Meta (if I'd known she was going in Lolita I would have too. I felt so plain in my converse and black shirt) :( When we got to the student center it was packed with students and was really noisey. Lilly found a seat (as her shoe had just broken and was hard to stand in) but I just stood next to a white collumb. Surrounded by so many loud and lively people my crowd anxiety started to kick in and I just wanted to go home. They then asked everyone to one by one, stand up and give their name, school year, major/minor, and name of their favorite comic book. It was soon made clear that the room was dominated by about 85% crazed Otaku girls, 5% mall goths, 5% RPG geeks, and misc. people. Whenever a manga like FMA or Naruto was named as a favorite there would be loud screams and shouts from other fans, which always caught me off guard and made me more nervous. When the time came to introduce myself I named Louie the Rune Solider as a comic I liked, and I got absolutely no responce.
After the 30-40 min of Otaku introductions and heads hitting tables in distain (mainly by non Otakus), the club officers proceeded to tell us about the club while people drew the newest instaulments of their webcomics, and talked to eachother. I stood there listening and waiting to sign the attendance sheet (or the club doesnt' get their money). After the meeting they were selling older editions of the SPbooks and making lots of 'one more anouncement's. Then a guy from Gamers Guild said something that made my night. He said the Gamers Guild was going to make their own RPG source book and needed writers/character artists. I did this in high school, here's a chance to draw interesting characters, while doing a better job of it, and maybe even get published! This friday I'll be there. Hopefully I can get a ride now... I'll let everyone know how that meeting goes too ^^ I'm really excited about it. However putting a book like that together is really a lot of work so I hope they are serious about it.

sorry if this sounded boring, I just hope it didnt' sound too emo 0_o I just didnt' feel very comfortable there. How do I ever make it alive out of cons?

1 comment:

.::MeGGeR::. said...

Aw, Franny! I love Louie the Rune Soldier, and I only own (and have only read) Volume 1! If I was there, I woulda cheered for Louie, too! (As well as FMA <3) It sounded like it'll be a lot of fun once you get used to it!