Saturday, October 27, 2007

Sprucing up the Blog

I put a little list on the side of the blog here listing some websites that I like. They are fun so I suggest visiting them if you have spare time.

EGL- is the Elegant Gothic Lolita community on Live Journal. These ladies are hard core and I love this site. It pretty much taught me everything I know about Lolita fashion.

Brass Goggles- The Lighter Side of Steampunk- is a great blog collecting lots of websites, blogs, and stores that offer a wealth of Steampunk information, fiction, fashion, items, and wonders. I've read the WHOLE THING in one night.

The Art of Alex CF- A fantastic steam punk artist who also creates realistic looking 'kits' regarding parts of history that never were. Such as vampire and werewolf study kits, and jared 'specimens' of animals like two headed albino bats, and spawns of Cthulhu himself. His work is so inspirational. I absolutely love it!

Viona Art- Wonderful Photography featuring the most devestatingly beautiful clothing I've ever seen. She's also photographed Ville Valo of HIM and I always enjoy her photographs from Gothic festivals. Inspiring and breathtaking work.

Gothic Charm School- a lovely site devoted to manners that are aimed at goths. People write in and the "Lady of the Manners" answers them in a very serious and professional manner. It seems to have been around since 1999 and has a wealth of knowedge regarding how to handle reactions from relatives at christmas time (I wish found that in high school) to matters of love and concerts/events/social life.

So check out these sites and have fun! I have lots of CWQ sketches to post (I completed the sketchbook and I have a new one now) and I will try to post those later, providing they will upload to photobucket. PB has been persnickity with me lately :/

No comments: