Thursday, February 3, 2011

Scanner Resurrection

Hey everyone!

GREAT NEWS! I wrote an email to Mustek, the makers of my scanner, and they sent me a link to a program to use with the scanner, and now I can scan things! YAAAAYYYY! So here are some things I scanned.

Notes for my figure painting class. I drew my teacher.


Doodles at movie night. My friends and their rabbit, Clover.


Oddball from Kelly's Heros (via movie night), and the office of the Com Arts department. I was there for most of that day...



Some of my friends during lunch break.


I haven't had a lot of spare time lately, especially time to sit and draw. Hopefully that will change soon.


My class work from figure painting for today. We start a new painting on the same canvas every day. It's a good exercise so I make sure to take photos.



Figure Painting class work from Monday.


I'm really enjoying my figure painting class. I've been thinking today about people who's painting work I really look up to. I decided on Frank Frazetta and Eric Powell, creator of 'The Goon.' I think it's only fitting that my painting heros are also comic book artists <3 I'll be trying to channel their greatness while I paint in class :P



I've also been taking lots of photos lately but I'll save those for the next post.
Goodnight and see you all later!

2 comments:

. Brit . said...

The paintings are looking really good! :D

Fran said...

Thanks! :D I'm hoping this class helps me get better.