Thursday, October 7, 2010

In which Fran is really busy but optimistically so...

Hey Everyone!

I just wanted to stop by and give you an update on the comic and how things are going with it. As those who watch me on Facebook probably know, I have completely finished drawing issue 1 of Kale! I have already scanned, sized to the template and added text to the first 7 pages. It took me longer than I thought it would (mainly because I used red lead for a few pages and it doesn't scan out as well as blue lead does. Needless to say I won't be making that mistake again) but I'm going to get another chunk of it done tonight, and then finish it over the weekend. I will also need to finish the logo for the cover and add in all the special features to the back of the book. But I will do it! Then its' off to the printers!

I still have more to do for artwork, as well as editing the merch list which needs to be sent out to the Nekocon staff by the 10th (cutting it close, I know, but I wanted to be sure of what I have to offer at the con). Things are coming together.

I also have school work to do but I'm getting better at juggling it all. Since its' my senior year I really have to buckle down on school work, get a portfolio going, while also thinking about my future and what I'm going to do after I graduate. I went to a job fair at school yesterday and it was pretty successful. I got some information and some more options for my future have opened up. Hopefully it will lead somewhere but for now we'll just have to wait and see.

I may feel overwhelmed at times (between schoolwork, personal projects and other obligations) but I know I can successfully finish this book, and it will be worth it in the end. I had originally planned to have the next issue out by next Nekocon, and that might happen, but it might not since I'll be graduating and trying to find a job. I originally wanted to have the whole story done for this con, but at least this way I can test the waters. I DO plan on finishing this story. That is for sure. I also have other stories that I'm cooking and slowly brewing so that I can tell them in a more planned out way. Kale was written and rewritten while I was doing pages. It's my first self published attempt at telling a story and I hope someone will find enjoyment in it. I know I have.

So thank you for tagging along on this journey, and I will keep you posted up till Nekocon. I'll also be working on my Alencia cosplay. The wig is pretty awesome but needs some styling. I'm planning a cosplay sewing party with some friends so we can all work on our costumes together. I'll be sure to share photos as that gets done too!

Also! I'll be scanning some schoolwork soon to show you guys. I'm working on a game design project, and a project that involves Blind Guardian so I'll be posting some progress shots of those too.
See you soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you need someone to look over the text for spelling errors and what not, I'd be happy to look over it! XD *Wants to read it really bad!*