Sunday, October 31, 2010

Epic Sketch Dump is Epic

Here is a bunch of sketches that I did before my internet started crapping out. We're still on shaky ground with it so here's an update while hoping it will stay working.


A sketch for my room mate. She threw a cupcake party at our house. It was a huge success. We made 165 cupcakes for it.


This is NOT all the cupcakes we made.


Class doodle of a 'cat'erpillar. I want to do a more finished drawing of him later. Or maybe put him in a comic or something. It was fun giving him human body parts. I like his nose a lot too.


Doodle done before my business class. I don't doodle in class as much anymore but it does help me relax. Loli-Fran of OMN.


Cupcake Lolita doodled in anticipation of the epic cupcake party.


Across from my History class is a chemistry class. I was sitting in the hallway watching the chem students doing a lab when I doodled this.


Me being a bit overwhelmed.


Lulzy doodle of my Kinfolk character, Lou.


Speaking of Lou, I decided that I wanted to draw her actual body type down because in my head her sizes kept fluctuating and I wanted a solid reference. (As can be seen from the previous sketch, she's much busty-er than that). I decided that she is a size 14 with a DD bust. She's the busty-est of my characters so she offers me some diversity from my other female characters. I used various 'plus size' models (I still cant' believe 14 is 'plus sized' its the US average size for women. And its' not big :/ ) for reference. I also wanted to her a have a little muffin top, which I think is cute. Overall I'm really happy with how she looks. She feels more rooted in reality now, and now she can stay more cohesive when I draw her.


Doodling part of a story idea for Alencia. She has to retrieve a talking skull (a relic) from a ruin for a nearby temple. I've already started writing the roughs of the story out.


Doodle of my western RP character, Lilly the undertaker's daughter.


So many tiny, white coffins...



A celebratory sketch of the Kale and the gang, celebrating the first issue being complete. When I get some time I will ink this and possibly color it. Evander looks soooo much younger with his hair down. He may look too young. He's meant to be in his 30's, like Khalid. I'm in the process of gathering references to make another character turn around for him. I need to him to keep looking consistent. I also want him to look more Middle-Eastern/Mediterranean. This is where refs help. I plan to flesh this all out in time for issue #2 to begin. Research like this is actually ridiculously fun. I also plan to do more research for the world itself. So far I'm gathering references for a Celtic/Art Nouveau feel to Kale's world. There is so much to do, it can only keep getting better! :D

Oh and guess what. I still have MORE to post here. Next will be some doodles, sketch comics, and some more school work. Oh yeah, and that Nekocon thing is next weekend. HOLY. CRAP. Has it been a year already?

No comments: