Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Snow of the Wilds

Here is a mini comic I did partly to get it out of my head and as a gift for a close friend. He inspires me a lot and has always been there for me so here's my little tribute for him and his character Rorketh.



I think I will do a title page to go with these. I'm planning on putting this comic in the back of the Kale book but it'll be grey scale so none of the colors will show; which bums me out a little bit so I decided to post this version here in all its glory. I really wanted to play with a super limited color pallet and composition. The first page is my favorite because I love how cinimatic it feels. The wide panels really help with the feeling of isolation, at least that was my intention. I also really had to push myself to keep things simple. I kept over crowding and adding too many unnecessary details that hindered the panels instead of helping tell the story. This was a great learning experience and I'm really glad I did it.

No comments: