Saturday, August 28, 2010

New Semester, New Work

Finally got to scan some work. Fall semester has officially started and by Monday evening I will have sampled all of my classes. I'll talk more about them on my VCU blog later. For now, I give you arts!



Macabre themed Lolita illustration. Drawn during a long break between classes and hanging out with friends. Inked with copic mulitiliner 0.1 and Pentel Pocket Brush Pen. I plan to color it and if it turns out well, and follows the AA rules and I get an AA table, then I'll try to make it a print for Nekocon.


Alencia 'Hulking out' with her powers. Started as a doodle to exaggerate her pose.


WIP. Alencia and Theolyn dressed up for Alencia's sister Gertrude's wedding. Gertrude is the older of the two sisters, and Alencia has a bit of an inferiority complex against her. Gertrude is filling out goals that Alencia's parents (mother mainly) want Alencia to reach. She loves her sister but trying to live up to her gets really tiring... I tried to play with what would be considered formal, or at least fancy, clothes in this universe. I originally wanted her to wear something inspired by an Indian Sarees. May color this later.


Did some studies of Male muscle structure and chest/body hair. It can get tedious to do the chest hair but not too bad, and I think it looks quite good by the end of it. Done from photos on Corbis.com and Google search. Finding photos of men with chest hair that isn't super thick is harder than it sounds. Most photos are no hair or waaaay too much. Make searching for refs an adventure :P I think I'll do horse sketches once I get my ref photos back from my dad's camera. I took too many not to use them.

No comments: