Sunday, February 10, 2013

Leveling up in Smithing

Hello all!
I picked up some gold and silver metallic sculpy while on a trip to F-burg last week and decided to try it out last night by making some amulets of the divines from Skyrim. My sculpting skills are still not ideal but I figured this would be fun practice, and it was. I made amulets of Talos (hero-god of mankind), Zenithar (god of commerce, wealth, labor, and communication), and Stendarr (god of Mercy).

All three

Amulet of Talos

Amulet of Stendarr

Amulet of Zenithar

I used reference images from The Elder Scrolls Wiki and adjusted the designs to better suit my skill level. Overall it was a very fun learning experience and I'm hoping there will be a Skyrim cosplay on the horizon, tho probably not in time for Megacon this year. Still it was a lot of fun and paving the way for a more ambitious prop project I want to do involving my favorite weapon from the game.




No comments: