Monday, September 13, 2010

Dr. Sketchy's feat. Parker Galore

We had our first male model for Dr. Sketchy's, along with our first Saturday session. Looks like it will be the second Saturday of the month from now on.


2 minute warm up sketches. I decided to try to focus on shapes of color instead of line work so much.



5 minute poses with the 'Ringmaster' costume.



I believe this was a 15 minute pose. The gladiator costume was pretty awesome. The red 'armor' was covered in sequens and black fur, while the loincloth was a pair a short with a mass of feathers around it.



I believe this was also a 15 minute pose. I love the feather fans Deanna put behind him, but my ink wasn't drying fast enough to prevent marker smudging :/



Parker Galore's third costume was a Satyr. I was pleasantly surprised and excited to draw it. The costume made me think of something a druid might make for a ceremony or festival (not that I know anything about druids, its' just what it made me think of). We had to draw him with a mythical creature. I chose a mentally challenged unicorn (you'll see why in the next drawing.)



Parker had a unicorn toy with him as a prop. When he sat down he looked like he was watching tv so I drew the scene as so. I also added in some popcorn and a remote control. I decided since the prize for this contest was tickets to a "Burlesque, B-Movies, and Booze" showing of 'The Warriors' then I should draw him watching it. I won the tickets.


My friend Erin was there too. You can see her sketches at her blog.

I've also done some more comic work this weekend. I'll be doing more to finish the last few pages of Kale, and the cover. Then formatting and lettering. Still juggling classwork but determined to make it work!

No comments: