Tuesday, March 2, 2010

This past week

So I've been pretty busy lately. Mostly fretting un-nessisarily about classes. I was also a bit sick this weekend, but despite all that, here's what I've been up to.

+Kale- I actually got a couple pages of Chapter 2 story boarded after figuring something out with the direction of the story. I started penciling page 15 last night but I'm not sure when it will be finished. Probably this weekend as I have an Italian test this Thursday to prepare for.


+OMN- The scripts have been flying in! Ryan is really on a roll with the new pages. Now I just have to draw them. I'm thinking about devoting spring break, which is in about two weeks, to belting them out. Here's a WIP photo of a pin up I was working on for the book. It'll make more sense later :P They are basically in comic D&D characters. We love D&D senario jokes.


+Painting class- I have to do lots of painting studies for class. My last class resulted in nothing noteworthy (but I did learn a lot!) But the class before that I did this painting. When we finish a painting we wipe it away and end up with a pashina on the canvas.

The objects for this painting were a robot earring and a purple d8.

We also have to come up with ideas to do a series of paintings for the rest of the semester. I want to experiment with lighting, atmosphere, and portraiture a bit. I also want to use Alencia as my subject :P Here are the studies I have so far, I'm working on more.


Overall I'm really excited about the projects and progress I'm making. My painting teacher reenforced my belief that I am improving and most importantly I'm learning. It feels so good to learn and not worry about if my finished product is a beautiful work of art. It's like dancing and not worrying about if you look like a fool or not. Then I can take what I've learned and make some beautiful art with it. It's times like this it makes me feel good to be an artist. The only thing I don't like is having to lug my painting supplies around :P

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, your break isn't for another two weeks? Mine is next! D:

Leah's isn't for a while though, so I guess your schedule is more like her's. :|