Monday, March 29, 2010

Progress & Projects

School will be ending here in a few weeks (about six now I think?) so we all know what that means. FINALS. I'm hitting it into high gear and getting more work and studying for school done. I have some assignments that are kicking my butt but it needs to be done. I'm also determined to keep my grades up so it's officially crunch time. So in the meantime here are some things I've been working on lately.

+Kale
So far I've had time to finish page 15. I'm also making progress on the villain chibi picture.



+Free Time Art

Loli Fran Pink by ~Spork-Bunny on deviantART
My fursona in a Lolita dress. It was a great stress relief. Ruffles have a calming effect on me.


Holo ATC by ~Spork-Bunny on deviantART
ATC of Holo from Spice and Wolf. Didn't take long to make. I was looking up S&W season 2 trailers and merch.

+ATC Trades

WANTED- DEAD OR ALIVE by ~Spork-Bunny on deviantART
My half of a Steampunk Trade with my good friend SirO. I also have another trade with a friend of mine but I won't post my half until I give it to her~


+Class Work

Painting studies. Oil on gessoed watercolor paper.




Some glazing/light practice on the experimental canvas (used for class work, then we usually wipe it out at the end of the day). Here's the painting next to the photo I took for it. The whole point of the series will be to examine light being diffused through jars of colored water. I spent the weekend making little panels to paint the final series on. I'll be doing that soon along with the paper paintings.


It feels like I haven't gotten much done but looking at my stash of work here on my desk (and even unscanned sketches piling up) I have been able to do some work that makes me feel good. I do have to buckle down more in these next few weeks, and I will. College is serious bizniz.

No comments: