Monday, February 22, 2010

Painting Class Samples

OMG guys, something NOT Kale related?!

Anyhoo, I'm on a total happyness high from my painting class today :D So far we've been bringing in objects that are all different, doing painting studies based on them, and doing paintings in class, while solving a problem (hot vs. cold, filling the canvas, using BIG BRUSHES). I didn't take a photo of the first two I did because they were AWEFUL. So here are the ones I've gotten so far.


This was Hot vs. Cold and filling the canvas.


This was today's, it was Hot vs. Cold, or Big vs. Details, or both. I just rolled with it. This shows my work space (although today it was on the opposite side of the room.) My teacher said it was good :) YAY

I have to go to Main Art and Lowes (or Pleasant's) tomorrow to pick up a few things, then on Wednesday I get to show my teacher what I want to do for the rest of the semester. I hope he lets me do what I'm proposing. I basically want to practice illustrative painting while also practicing dramatic lighting. And use Alencia as a model :P

And now for something Kale related, I had an epiphany during Bio Lecture and now I know how to fix my story! I also decided exactly how I want to the book to be bound (like a manga, not saddle stitched even though it's cheaper). So now I can story board the rest of Chapter 2 with nothing in my way! Except homework... I have to study Italian for a quiz tomorrow but they've never been terribly hard. I got a 90% on the last one :P So as a reward for studying I'll either storyboard or color the cover. We'll see, I may need food first :P

No comments: