Monday, February 15, 2010

New Work Soon

Sorry for the lack of updates lately. I had a whole slew of tests at the end of last week, and then I was finally able to spend time with my fiance this weekend. Here's what I'm working on currently:

+Cleaning up Ch. 1 of Kale
I'm going to go back and physically clean up the line art for the chapter one pages, then re-scan them, digitally clean them up and add text. Then chapter one will be 100% done and I can fully move on to chapter two. I've been having some trouble tweaking chapter two but its' slowly coming along.

+New Cover for Kale
I've also been working on a new cover for my Kale comic book. I came up with some thumbnails over the weekend and I started a blue pencil drawing of it last night. It still needs some changes but every change brings it closer to my final vision. I also need to take the logo into account. I may change it to be more horizontal instead of the square shape it takes up now. Either way it's coming out much better than the boring cover I planned to use before. I'm also still considering if I'll use traditional or digital means to color it.

+ATCs
I've done some Artist Trading Cards of the Kale cast and I may do more/redo them. It was suggested that I sell prints of them as a set with the comic book, which I think would be neat, but I was planning to give a mini poster with each book. I haven't been doing many of them since I've been busy but they are nice to do being so small they don't take up much time at all.

+Nekocon 2010 Planning
I am still fanatical about planning for this con. It's my first AA so I've been stalking the site since last November and taking it very seriously. Between Christmas and my Birthday I've been able to save up some good amounts of money and I've done some serious planning for it. This will continue for the rest of the year.

+Nekocon Merch.
I've also been working on things that I will sell at Nekocon. Aside from the Kale comic book I'll have Lolita themed prints and hopefully bookmarks, con badges, more prints and commissions. I'm also considering putting some mini comics together and/or putting some of my other comic work together in a book of my original work. Depending on my printing budget we'll see how that goes.

I'm still really excited about what I'm working on. I'll have some progress shots of how things are going soon. Now if it wasn't for pesky school getting in the way :P

No comments: