Friday, January 8, 2010

Kale Preview!

I'm not feeling too good today so my progress on pages is slowing down (I started page 9 last night but didn't have the energy to finish it. I'll try to tonight.) So I thought I'd make a little preview of some of the panels from the pages I have finished.



I've also drawn and inked the cover of the book and just have to color it and add the logo after I tweak it (thanks for the critique LostReach!) I am going to color it digitally however and I've left my tablet back in Richmond (another good reason to be glad that thug couldn't break into my room!) so I'm going to color it when I get back. I also want to add a texture to it which I've never done before so that should be fun.

I've also been making plans on other things to sell at Nekocon and I'm going to try a second book of other comics I've done including a short story that Ryan is turing into a script and some 'Or Maybe Not' comics, including new ones. It's not set in stone yet but we are going to try to do his short story. It's a romance C: I've also found these self laminating ID badges that you can attach to bags at Big Lots for $1 for a pack of two. I bought a bunch and plan to make lolita con badges and custom ones that I can make at the con. I made a Conqur one for Ryan (Conqur is his B movie monster he did some movies about) and a Spork-Bunny one for me as examples. (I'll post photos later as I may do more.) I've also been planning how I'll set up the table at the con and what displays I'll use. I've been researching all of this for a long time, I just hope it goes down well. I'll also be making business cards for me and Ryan and a poster advertising his services as a camera operator/film editor/writer. He'll also have my laptop set up (hopefully) and running his demo reel with a bunch of short films he made and will be selling there too.

Needless to say, I'm very excited! I've been stalking the Nekocon 13 page already. I'll just have to keep doing so through spring to snag tickets and a table. Then book a hotel. Good thing I've started saving already :P

Well, back to work for me. Have a good weekend everyone!

No comments: