Friday, January 15, 2010

Artist Spotlight: Steven Yarbrough

Recently I decided to order a commission of my current favorite original character, Kale, from an artist I like as a birthday present to myself. I thought, 'who would do a good job representing her?' and I thought of Self-Replica of Deviantart. Self-Replica, aka Steven Yarbrough, was doing a now completed series of FFXI fan-service illustrations that, while I'm not a big fan-service fan I thought his drawings showed character and personality that overshadowed the T&A. These and his fantasy based artwork made me confident that he was the man for the job.

He was great at communication and never left me hanging. He answered all my questions and was very polite and professional. His prices were very fair/affordable. He worked with me to give me a commission that I would be proud of. And I am.


Kale by ~self-replica on deviantART

He comes highly recommended!
Website: http://www.stevenyarbrough.com

No comments: