Monday, May 27, 2013

Propmaking: Summoning Token

Hey everyone! I thought I'd pop in and share what I was able to make tonight while chatting with friends on Google hangout (first time using it, it was pretty fun).

I decided to make a rather fast prop by sculpting a 'summoning token' from my latest Alencia story "Tomb of the Unspoken." Summoning tokens are coins that demons and various dimensional beings give to people as a quick way to contact or summon them. They can only be used once and must be given by the creature of their own free will. There are ways around that but I won't go into them here. Alencia herself will be able to explain all that in the journal/companion book I'm making to go along with her comics. Lots of information about her world, in her own words. A very exciting project indeed!

Now on to the token itself:


When I am able to start mold making I plan on making another of these, creating a mold of it, and then casting it in resin. I've been told it should be fairly easy.

Well goodnight all! I have lots of work to do tomorrow to prepare for moving. I'll post more art as soon as I can!

No comments: