Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Sketches and Scuplts

Hello everyone!
I'm snowed in today so I thought I'd take some time to post some of what I've been working on lately.

Sculpting:
I started working on a replica of the Amulet of Dibella from Skyrim. I used two different kinds of sculpy this time in hopes of painting the 'jewel' to look more realistic as I didn't have one that looked right. In the future I'd like to use metal clay and real stones to create a more precious version of this.


The uncooked sculpt.


After being cooked.


Some sanding and priming to the 'jewel.'


The jewel was then painted, and the rest of the amulet was painted for metallic and aging effects. Now I'm on the look out for beads to make it look as accurate to the game version as possible.

Sketches:
While on the subject of Skyrim I've also been doing some sketches of my characters in situations that arise in the game. My dad is currently borrowing my scanner, so I have more that need to be scanned, but in the mean time here are few new sketches.

Merion got separated from Onmund while defending the city of Whitefun, but after fruitlessly searching for his body she found him safe behind the city's walls after their victory. It's hard to loose a follower when you're so used to having them around.


A traveling mercenary marking Merion's map to show her the job she was going to do. It's not much fun to talk someone into giving you their job but then you have so many places marked on your map you have NO IDEA where they just indicated they were going. That's why she looks confused/annoyed, she has no idea where this woman has pointed to.


Sky-gazing is popular in Skyrim and I can see why. There's just so much to absorb and take in, especially after being cooped up in underground dungeons for days on end.

Be sure to stay tuned, I've got some more news and artwork coming up!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi my friend! I wish to say that this article is awesome, great written and come with
approximately all important infos. I would like to
look extra posts like this .

Feel free to visit my weblog; activity calorie calculator