Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Alencia artwork, Donate button

Hey everyone!
I've been spending time with family recently but I've managed to get some character work done. Here's what I've got for today. (click images to make them bigger).


Rough sketches of Alencia and her sister Gertrude. I'm exploring their relationship and I will be drawing their parents soon. Alencia and Gertrude are close but Alencia can't help but feel like she's living in Gertrude's shadow and constantly being compared to her. This is part of why she feels that she needs to travel by herself to make her own way free of her mother's expectations (and her constant comparisons of the two sisters).


In the story I'm thinking of, Gertrude (who is an accomplished mage) makes a teleportation portal for Alencia to use to start her new journey and get her out of the house unnoticed. She ends up falling through the portal since she's never used one before :P


Possible 'summer' outfit for Alencia. I realized just about all my other characters have appropriate Winter/Summer clothing, save for her. I try to make such outfits practical. This is also the first time her hair will be put up :P
I'm looking forward to this story, it just needs a lot of work since it's really in the idea stage.



If you enjoy my artwork and you'd like to drop me a dollar or two, now you can! I have a paypal set up and it's open to donations. Every little helps, and with my senior year of college coming up and this summer class to pay for, I appreciate anything that is donated. Thank you! :)
(To donate click the donate button. The picture is not linked)








I'll do some work for Kale soon, I promise ;_;

1 comment:

Reach said...

you can link the image to the donate button. I have one myself. You just pick "use your own image" or whatever they call it and put a link to it.