Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Kale Comic Concept Art

Since I only really have one final to study for I decided to vent some frustration (nothing serious) by drawing some concept art for my Kale comic. I will be working on pages over the holiday break. I'm hoping to get a good chunk of it done over the break. When I print the book I'd also like to throw in mini illustrations and concept art in the back so you might see these again in a year :P


Here we have Evander the bard rocking out with his guitar/mandolin hybrid instrument. BARDIC POWAH! I just love the concept of casting spells with music. At the bottom we have Theolin, Alencia's undead cat. He sheds a lot :<


Here is Alencia doing her medium thing with some ghost orbs and shadow people. I'd like to do a painted/ink-wash version of this later. I really like the vertical composition.

I also have a turn-around of Kale but its' bigger than my scanner so once I get my bigger scanner (Christmas time!) then I'll scan it, and those Scion comic pages from the summer. It'll be such a relief to be able to scan everything! :D

No comments: