Thursday, September 3, 2009

Painters

For my Illustration: Painting and Drawing class we have to look up painters that we aspire to be like. Granted I do not think I will ever get to the level that these talented people are at, but who knows. Maybe if I keep painting for a few decades I can do something with it :P So here are some artists I'm really studying lately and hoping to buy prints from:

BROM- Holy shit this guy is amazing. He's one of those artists that if you don't recognize his name (and you soon will, its' enevitable) then you will have seen his work; even without knowing it. He's done covers for Forgotten Realms novels, does amazing fetish work, and is just all round awesome. Go check him out! (I want to buy some of his prints and art books so badly!)







Dame Darcy- she's a mixed bag of tricks. She does illustrations, underground comix, and has a band called "Death by Doll." At first her art style may seem crude or even amateur but on closer inspection you start to see her balance of black and white, her use of color, her exaggeration of the human form, and attention to detail.

No comments: