Sunday, September 20, 2009

Foxy Painting

I finally finished my first oil painting! It's a practice painting so I could learn how to paint fur in preparation for my final painting in my Illustration class, which will be my fiance' Ryan dressed as a Frazetta-ish viking. I say 'Frazetta-ish' because I'm not oiling him up or having him scantily clad or anything, that would just be strange to explain, especially on critique day :s

example
I love seeing his brushstrokes. Hopefully I can see some of his work in person but for now high resolution jpegs will have to do. I'm going to keep researching his work in hopes that I can improve my paint work by studying him. Maybe I can find an art book of his or something. We'll see.

But first, here's my painting!



Painting with my hat <3 I'm looking forward to the weather getting cooler so I can start wearing it again.

No comments: