Thursday, June 27, 2013

Cville Art Blog reviews Alencia

Hello everyone!

While I've been working overtime at my new day job a new mile stone has happened for me! A local art-scene blog, C-ville Art Blog, has written up a review of my comic "Alencia: A Noble Deed." This is the first time anyone has taken the time to review and critique my comic work, and I'm very happy for the experience. They purchased the comic at Telegraph Gallery, which if you find yourself in Charlottesville you really should go visit. It's one of my favorite places in town!




Check out the review here!


"She leads the viewer through each moment of the story effortlessly. Rowan shows us around each scene using shifting aspects to build suspense as the undead creep from their graves. The drawings and panel compositions direct the viewers to each important moment as it happens, without relying on narration or predictably consistent jumps in time."

This makes me even more excited for the work I've been doing for the next story! As for that it's all inked, I'm just working on toning (when I can between work and moving, it's at a standstill right now) but I'm hoping to get moving on that soon. I've also been looking into getting an small press table at RVACon in late September. If I can get a space there then I'm aiming to have the comic ready in time for it. More news as it comes!

No comments: