Thursday, December 29, 2011

Concepts from Chaos

Hello again everyone! I've been going through my sketchbooks to see if I have any meager offerings for you and I've found a few.

A sketch of Alencia and Theolyn from a month ago. I've been slowly building their world and I've been looking at ideas for noble formal wear for Alencia's home town of 'Argate.' I'm trying to combine medieval costume with Indian Saris. I think the mixtures of fabrics, in both textures and patterns, will blend nicely with the cuts of the costumes. I'll post more of those as I go. (Pen on sketchbook paper.)

Some character concepts for a character from a comic project I'm working on with my partner in crime, Ryan Moody. (ballpoint and brush pens on sketchbook paper.)

Another concept from my Alencia stories, she tries to exorcise this demon from a family's home but it instead ends up following her around and terrorizing her. His appearance may change by the time he finally ends up in the comic but this is the closest to what's in my head I was able to draw so far. Research for him is fun as it includes watching the Paranormal Activity movies, and episodes of 'Paranormal State.' (Reference used here. Blue pencil and brush pen on sketchbook paper, colored in Photoshop CS5.5)

And here's a large poster I did as a Christmas commission. The client asked for their nephew as a super hero. We brainstormed on concepts and I created the costume for him. The poster is meant to look like the cover of a comic book. The font is "In a Flash" by Walter Velez.

I hope you all had a great holiday, and look forward to the new year! See you in 2012!

No comments: