Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Alencia: A Noble Deed Preview

Hello all! I'm nearing completion of my current Alenica solo story and I'm very excited. Alencia is a character who has been with me a long time and has grown into one of my favorite and most developed characters (in case you didn't realize by how much I draw her). My plan for her is to make episodic stories for her, with an over arching story arch. I've been doing lots of writing and planning and I'm on my way. The first story is nearing completion so I thought I'd share with you a preview of some of the pages so far, sans text.

Down the road I'd also like to formally introduce you to Alencia and show you my method and process in drawing comics, both in their own posts. I'm also thinking about releasing each 'episode' as a PDF file for a few dollars. Then when I get more stories done I can release a full book. I enjoy reading web comics but there is something so satisfying about holding a book in my hands and reading it. I also have grown a distaste for online e-readers for comics. I've been reading Dark Horse's 'The Thing' comic online and the e-reader for it drives me crazy. The panels don't always fit the screen size and it stretches some panels to pixilate them and I just really don't like it. If they release a trade for it I will buy it in a heartbeat. The Thing + Vikings = A-OK in my book.

Well enjoy the pages and let me know what you think! I'll get back to you on the PDF files once I figure out a good way to sell them. Maybe an Etsy page? We'll see.

No comments: