Thursday, November 12, 2009

Kale Comic and Crappy Weather

First off... it's been raining for the past two days, and it may rain for two more. :/

The view from my back porch (and the reflection of my ankh, sorry about that).

As you may or may not know, I've decided to get an AA table at Nekocon next year (provided I can stay on top of it and buy one in time and get a hotel in time too...). But to prepare for it I've been working on a comic to sell there. I'm doing a little book about my character Kale, and her quest to find her kidnapped mentor. The night I came back from Nekocon I wrote out a detailed synopsis of the story, then story boarded the first 6 pages. I've been doing a page every day and I've inked the first 3 pages so far. I'm really proud and I'm going to do my best to keep it up. I'll be experimenting to see if shading it on Ps will work best. I'd rather do that right now than ruin the inked pages with markers if I mess up. I also want to keep it clean and streak free.



I'll also be working on prints and other things to sell there too. I'd like to get stickers made but Heidi told me the convention center banned stickers because people stick them on doors and such. I think that's a silly thing to do, especially since nice stickers are not terribly cheap. But even a as freebe, I think stickers would be nice to have. I'm also getting tired of buttons but we'll see if I can make some or get them made. I don't really have the money for a big button maker right now :P But I'm also thinking of doing con badges, bookmarks, and commissions.

God its' pissing down outside! I have a Sociology test today so I have to go out in it. And since its' been raining my bus has been about 30 min late everyday 9_9 Infuriating!


Here's a progress shot of my Viking painting so far. I finally smartened up and am storing it downstairs when I'm not working on it. Now my room doesn't smell like oil paint anymore :P

1 comment:

Reach said...

It looks like the profile is too far in compaired to the photo, and his eye might be a bit big. The colors are looking good though, and you probably see the errors in it anyway. lol. early stages of paintings are always funky.