Thursday, September 25, 2008

No classes means more work

So I emailed the people at Poictesme and they said they don't normally take comics at submissions but I could send them to the art director and see what he says (I don't really have anything to send, I just wanted to know so I could work under a deadline). But they also offered to see some of my other work so I might just do some pen/ink illustrations for now. Could be good practice plus I really want to publish something while I'm in school. I'm still kicking myself for missing my chance with Shoujo Phonebook.

Otherwise I've been sketching away in my new Moleskine sketchbook which I now love like a child. I've also been coming up with tidbits of story for a Spork Bunny mini comic. I'm still not 100% sure if I'll actually do it. I've also been planning out some promo/cover images for Clockwork Queen but really I think I should start doing some more sketches of the world and vehicles and things in it before I try to handle the pages again. I've also decided to use pigment liners for inking, I'm just not skilled enough with the crow quill yet to do the whole comic with it. I'll keep practicing though.

Clayton Chronicles is on hold, I haven't been working on it at all since coming to school. But it won't stay that way, we still plan on publishing that baby, even if it takes a while. After all, Lord of the Rings took Tolkien 14 years to write. I want everything to be perfect (or as near as possible) when we start publishing stuff. I'll probably have to realize I cant' do that but I'll wait till then!

Or Maybe Not is doing okay, I've done some work on it since coming to school but not lately (within the last two or three weeks).

All in all I'm feeling good and my weekend is pretty open. I have some figure drawing homework but I can do that in a day. I also have to study for a math test for tomorrow but that's really it. Meaning more time for drawing! I'll be sure to get off my lazy butt and do more drawing (and maybe finish coloring those bookmarks!).

Have a great weekend everyone! I'm off the gym!

No comments: