Monday, August 20, 2012

Clockwork Queen in a Comic Anthology

I recently was invited by a friend to participate in a Steampunk themed anthology project put together by Neoflux Productions.




My entry was a short, tl;dr version of the intro for a steampunk horror story I was working on back in my early years at SCAD. I’ve redone the comic twice for school projects but it’s been sitting on the back burner since about early 2008 so I thought I’d revive the idea for this, but take liberties and shorten it to just get the basic idea across. I had gotten a small watercolor paper journal recently and decided to draw and ink the comic in that. Working so small was both interesting and challenging but working with ink wash was a pure joy. The colors were added in Photoshop since the entries had to be colored. I really wanted to keep the comic in greyscale but the simple color wash look has grown on me. This project has inspired me to try more watercolor/wet media techniques with my comics and I look forward to doing more of that as time goes on :D

http://www.facebook.com/groups/236795539754275/ (the FB page) Steampunk Originals is an anthology of Steampunk comics. Coordinated by Neoflux Productions. Published by Arcana.

I’ll post updates once it gets published! Also be sure to check out the work of my friend Steven Yarbrough. He was also part of the project and told me about it in the first place. He’s a super nice and talented guy, so be sure to check him out!

No comments: